The Memory Center is dedicated to meeting the challenging conditions of an aging brain with a caring, interactive communities designed around the individual.
Every detail of color, texture, lighting and space is designed to address the primary environmental objectives recommended by The Alzheimer’s Association including “an indoor space that allows for freedom of movement and promotes independence,” while offering “safe and secure outdoor areas” including our large courtyard and walking trails.
Our focused programming and activities promote the highest quality care for those in cognitive decline including Alzheimer’s and dementia, and offers every incentive to celebrate life and find purpose in each day.
Every Memory Center community features:
Town Center Design
Our Town Center design promotes a variety of independent, daily experiences. Filled with natural light, each Town Center includes iconic stimuli from the past with amenities including:
- A stately library
- General store where residents can purchase items
- Theater where residents enjoy movies from the past and special events
- Tavern where we maintain an ABC license so residents can enjoy daily Happy Hour when prescribed by a physician
- Beach shack and/or Bistro where residents celebrate holidays and enjoy a daily ice cream social
- Over 1,000 sq.ft. of secured outdoor space including courtyard and walking paths that wind through scented gardens with bird feeders and seating areas
- Beauty salon for hair styling, manicures and pedicures
To maintain a sense of home our design features four neighborhoods that surround our Town Center, each with their own quiet and relaxing living room, small dining room and full kitchen. Memory Center residents can use the kitchen to keep personal items, and with staff supervision can even bake desserts or other favorites.
Each residential room includes a picture frame outside the door which can feature a favorite photo, distinguish the entrance, display their personality and promote identity. Each room includes large windows, private bath, access to private telephones and wireless internet access. Rooms are unfurnished allowing residents and their families to bring personal bedroom furnishings, chairs, or special touches from home and we encourage families to bring CD or MP3 players with their loved ones favorite songs.
We can also accommodate couples who wish to reside together.
Learn more about what makes The Memory Center the leader in assisted living memory care for those living with Alzheimer’s and dementia.